9/29/18 Wisconsin, Grace Cleveland

Freshman outside hitter Grace Cleveland spikes the ball over the net during a 2018 match against Wisconsin in Holloway Gymnasium.

On Saturday, the Purdue volleyball team hosts Wisconsin for a scrimmage.

The Badgers finished the 2018 campaign 25-7, losing to Illinois in the quarterfinals of the NCAA tournament, ending the year ranked No. 8 in the country. The Boilermakers, who finished No. 17 in the final rankings, were swept in the second round of the tournament to Kentucky after posting a 24-9 record.

The scrimmage will be a good look at the new faces of the young Purdue squad. The Boilermakers lost fifth-year outside hitter Sherridan Atkinson, who put up an All-American season at the net, and seniors Brooke Peters and Erin Williams.

Junior Blake Mohler is expected to lead the team this season after battling through injuries last season. The middle blocker was recently named to the U.S. Collegiate Team, which will compete in Anaheim, California, this summer.

The Badgers lost one player, senior Tionna Williams. They return three 2018 All-Americans, including sophomore middle blocker Dana Rettke (first team), sophomore setter Sydney Hilley (second team) and junior right side hitter Madison Duello (third team). Also returning is sophomore Molly Haggerty, who was the 2016 Big Ten Freshman of the Year and a third team All-American the same year.

The scrimmage between the two Big Ten powerhouses begins 2 p.m. on Saturday in Holloway Gymnasium.