11/18/17 Fairfield, Matt Painter

Purdue Men's Basketball Head Coach Matt Painter has a laugh on the sideline. With the win Painter's squad improves to 4-0 on the season.

Purdue and North Carolina State will face each other in the Basketball Hall of Fame Invitational on Dec. 12, in Brooklyn's Barclays Center, Purdue announced in a news release.

The college basketball showcase will boast a quadruple-header featuring Florida vs. Maryland, Purdue vs. North Carolina State, Iona vs. Yale and Fordham vs. Miami.

The contest is the third announced game for the Boilermakers after it was announced the Boilermakers will play in the Basketball Hall of Fame Tip-Off Classic on Nov. 20 to 21, in Uncasville, Connecticut. Purdue will take on North Carolina and either Tennessee or Villanova in that event.

Purdue was scheduled to play West Virginia in the 2020 Basketball Hall of Fame Invitational, but that event was canceled because of the pandemic.

Times and television assignments will be announced later, according to the release.

North Carolina State leads the all-time series by a 4-1 margin, but Purdue won the last meeting, a 66-61 decision in the 2014 Big Ten / ACC Challenge. This will mark just the second meeting between the two teams during the Painter era.

Purdue has never played in Brooklyn but owns a 14-11 all-time record in New York City. Purdue last played in New York City in the 2018 Big Ten Tournament (runners-up) and the 2016 Jimmy V Classic (defeating Arizona State 97-64). All of those games were in Madison Square Garden.