4/4/17 Indiana State, Ross Learnard

Junior pitcher Ross Learnard delivers a pitch to a Sycamore player during Purdue's 5-2 loss to Indiana State on April 4, 2017, at Alexander Field.

Purdue baseball’s closer received All-American accolades just before the team’s postseason begins in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, this weekend.

Ross Learnard was named to Collegiate Baseball’s third team of All-Americans, according to a press release. This season, he logged a program record 15 saves in 28 appearances to go with two wins.

He is one of four relievers, the release said, selected on Collegiate Baseball’s third team.

His 10 saves in conference play was a Big Ten best, which earned him a spot on the All-Big Ten third team.

In 2017, Learnard worked as a multi-inning reliever, securing a program-record 0.58 ERA in the process, the release noted. Those accomplishments earned him a spot on the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association’s second team. The NCBWA has yet to announce its All-American selections this year, but Learnard remains on the ballot.

Learnard was a workhorse for the Boilermakers this season, closing out four victories in one week on two occasions. He was the first reliever, according to the release, to earn Big Ten Pitcher of the Week honors since March 2015.

Learnard recorded 32 strikeouts throughout the season, giving up a mere 26 hits in his 33 innings of work, according to the release.

A save at this weekend's regional tournament would make him the second pitcher in program history to notch 20 in a career.