Ethan Morton

Ethan Morton, a 6-5 point guard is ranked among the Top 50 players in the nation, to join Boilermakers in 2020-21.

A Top 50 basketball recruit announced by Twitter that he is joining the Boilermakers in the 2020-21 season.

Ethan Morton, a 6-5 point guard from Butler, Pennsylvania, made the announcement at 8:45 p.m. Thursday. Morton who reportedly received 22 offers, according to Rivals.com, is the No. 43-ranked player nationally and No. 7 at his position.

In his Twitter announcement, Morton thanked his family and coaches along the way for assisting him with his career.

“The things I learned from them are so important to me and my family,” he wrote. “I would like to announce that I am 100% committed to Purdue University! Thanks Coach Painter, the entire Purdue staff and Purdue fanbase for accepting me into your family.”

Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State and Wisconsin were among his final choices.

According to the Pittsburgh Gazette that named him the area's Player of the Year in 2019, Morton averaged 27.5 points, 10.3 rebounds, 8.1 assists, 2.6 steals and 1.3 blocks per game as a junior. He shot 57.1 percent from the field  and 81 percent from the free throw line. He once scored 51 points in a game.

Jaden Ivey, a 6-3 guard from Mishawaka, Indiana, is Purdue's other 2020 commitment at this point.