12/29/21 Nicholls, Ethan Morton, Zach Edey, Sasha Stefanovic

Ethan Morton, Zach Edey and Sasha Stefanovic watch from the bench against Nicholls on Dec. 29.

For the fourth straight week, the Purdue men’s basketball team is ranked No. 3 in the nation.

The Boilermakers (12-1) have been in that same ranking since being No. 1 for just one week.

The Top 5 teams remained the same in this week’s AP Top 25 for the third straight week. They include: Baylor, Duke, Purdue, Gonzaga and UCLA in that order. Other Big Ten teams in this week’s poll include: No. 10 Michigan State, No. 13 Ohio State and No. 23 Wisconsin. Other teams receiving votes this week in the AP Poll include Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota.

The USA Today/Coaches Poll has the same Top 5 as AP. Ranked Big Ten teams include No. 10 Michigan State, No. 12 Ohio State and No. 23 Wisconsin. Illinois and Minnesota received votes, too.

The NCAA Net Rankings have a different Top 5. It has Baylor, Arizona, Houston, Gonzaga and LSU in that order. Purdue is No. 7 in that ranking.

Purdue returns to action at 7 p.m. tonight, when it hosts Wisconsin. The game will be broadcast on the Big Ten Network.

Purdue ranks in the Top 10 in seven categories among all 351 NCAA Division I teams. That includes:

• No. 2 in rebound margin at +14.4. Kentucky leads the nation with +16.9.

• No. 3 in field goal percentage at 51.6. Colorado State is best at 53.0.

• No. 4 in scoring offense at 87.2 points per game. Arizona leads with 89.5.

• No. 5 in 3-point field goal percentage, making 41.1 percent. South Dakota State leads that category at 44.0 percent.

• No. 7 at assists per game at 18.8. Arizona is the nation's best at 21.3.

• No. 8 in scoring margin at +21.2. Arizona leads the nation at +25.5.

• No. 9 in total assists at 245. Utah State has the most with 276.

The Boilermakers also have some individuals who are among the Top 50 in NCAA's Rankings. They include:

• Zach Edey leads the nation in field goal percentage, hitting 72.8 percent of his shots.

• Trevion Williams is No. 20 in field goal percentage at 61.0 percent.

• Sasha Stefanovic is No. 18 in assists-to-turnover ratio at 3.0.

• Williams is No. 31 in total rebounds with 118.

• Williams is No. 32 in double-doubles with five this season.

• Stefanovic is No. 33 in 3-point shooting, hitting 43.8 percent of his attempts.

• Williams is No. 38 in offensive rebounds, grabbing 3.08 per game.