9/28/19  Minnesota, Elijah Sindelar

Elijah Sindelar is helped off the field after being sacked in the first quarter. He did not return to the game. Sindelar was 4 of 8 in passing for 46 yards before leaving the game.

Purdue head football coach Jeff Brohm confirmed today that fifth-year quarterback Elijah Sindelar is undergoing surgery to repair a broken clavicle suffered against Minnesota on Saturday.

In a press conference Monday morning, Brohm said the procedure was happening "as we speak."

Sindelar was injured in the first quarter of Saturday's loss. As he dropped back into the pocket, Minnesota defensive end Tai'yon Devers sacked him, driving his head and left shoulder into the turf. Sindelar left the field under his own power and reappeared on the sideline in the second quarter.

Brohm said Sindelar will be out for "an extended period of time," but did not say whether he would miss the rest of the season.

Sophomore wideout Rondale Moore was also injured on Saturday, on the same play as Sindelar — though in an unrelated incident. From the game tape, Moore appeared to hyperextend his knee after breaking away from his cornerback and went down.

Moore had to be helped off the field after he attempted to walk away and fell back down. He did not return to the sideline.

Brohm was unable to confirm Moore's injury or how long the receiver would miss.

"I'll know by the end of the day where we stand with that," Brohm said.