Purdue will be debuting new uniforms in this weekend’s homecoming matchup against the University of Maryland — uniforms that honor Purdue’s rich history with space and the moon and nod to the 50th anniversary of NASA’s Apollo 11 mission.

The helmet features the Purdue “P” on the side with crater marks on it. The stripe down the middle of the helmet has footprints down it, representing Purdue Alumni Neil Armstrong’s first steps on the moon. The face mask will be a chrome gold that pops out against the white.

The jersey and pants are also white, and the numbers are black with a gold outline. The jersey has a patch on the left shoulder that says “Cradle of Astronauts” and “150 years of giant leaps.”

When the announcement of the new jerseys was posted, many University of Central Florida fans and alumni were upset. They claimed UCF was the first school to have uniforms like that, and that they had more claim to the moon than Purdue.

Boiler fans pushed back against the claims, pointing out that Purdue has graduated 25 astronauts, as opposed to three from UCF.

The out-of-this-world uniforms can be seen in person at noon on Saturday at Ross-Ade Stadium as Purdue prepares for its second Big Ten opponent, the Terrapins.