top story

After the August announcement that the Big Ten would postpone fall sports until 2021, Purdue’s All-American Marching Band pivoted its focus from football games to readying its players for next season and beyond.

In a third protest since the beginning of the semester, a familiar scene unfolded: Students toted "Black Lives Matter" signs. Chants of victims of white violence rang through the streets.

top story

Candles blazed as the sun set Sunday night, lighting faces in a crowd of nearly 100 who gathered for a vigil honoring the legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the iconic U.S. Supreme Court Justice whose death Friday shook the nation.

featured

For the third time in the past four weeks, Purdue students took to the street in support of the Black Lives Matter movement. Marching from the Black Cultural Center on 3rd street, the student protesters ended up at Hovde Hall where they listed to several speeches as well as the list of deman…

A professor on the Purdue University Senate Athletic Affairs Committee resigned from her position following the Big Ten's announcement that a football season will be played, a reversal of the conference's prior decision to cancel games amid fears of the coronavirus's spread.

In Case You Missed It

The Big Ten Conference announced today that it has approved plans for a fall 2020 football season consisting of a 10-game conference-only schedule set to start the week of Sept. 5, per a Wednesday morning release.

After delays in receiving the accurate number of Purdue athletes who had tested positive for the coronavirus raised alarm among county health officials on Friday, the Tippecanoe County Health Department aims to partner with Purdue to create a local “backup” system for monitoring positive cases. 

The Catch-Up

College athletes strive for greatness daily in hopes of eventually playing a sport for their career, but their coaches make a healthy living of their own mentoring these young players.

Game-time decisions are most commonly heard of in football, basketball and baseball. However, in college diving, it can be a critical factor in winning an event, just as it was for junior diver Steele Johnson at this year’s NCAA swimming and diving championships, held at the University of Mi…

Steele Johnson and Adam Soldati were recognized with individual honors as Purdue men’s swimming and diving finished 13th to match its best showing in the modern era on the final night of the NCAA Championships on Saturday.

Upcoming Events