Purdue wrestling defeated Michigan State on Sunday, returning from an 8-point deficit in the final four matches to triumph in East Lansing.

There were upsets from Purdue (7-9, 3-6 Big Ten) and Michigan State (9-8, 3-6), which made the team race a lot more interesting. The final match decided the outcome of the dual as senior Jacob Aven took down Michigan State’s Chase Beard in overtime.

“I knew my team was counting on me, and you shouldn’t think about that kind of stuff, but it really meant a lot in my last Big Ten dual,” Aven said in an interview with the Big Ten Network.

Purdue was upset at 157 lb. as No. 13 Griffin Parriott lost by a 5-3 decision to unranked Jake Tucker. The Boilers earned an upset at 184 lb. with unranked Max Lyon defeating No. 15 Cameron Caffey 7-6.

Other close matchups included an overtime win from No. 11 Dylan Lydy to start the Purdue comeback.

The Boilers hosted No. 6 Ohio State on Friday in their final home dual meet of the season. Lydy, a junior, also picked up a win in this meet.

“Every time I wrestle in here, it’s just such a blessing and an opportunity,” Lydy said. “A lot of people don’t get to live out their dreams, and I get to do that in here against a top ten team.”

Lydy’s win marked the only victory for the Boilers in the 34-3 loss on senior night. Seniors Ben Thornton, Jon Morales, Mario Leveille and Aven were honored at the event.

Purdue will travel to Central Michigan next Sunday in its final dual meet of the season. All focus is on preparing for the postseason Big Ten and NCAA tournaments in March.