Red-White Spring Game, 5.1

Red Team quarterback Adrian Martinez scrambles around looking for an open receiver in the first quarter during the Red-White Spring Game on Saturday at Memorial Stadium.

TownNews.com Content Exchange

Nebraska has a pair of Academic All-District honorees in quarterback Adrian Martinez and defensive lineman Ben Stille. 

The pair earned the honor from CoSIDA on Thursday. Martinez graduated from UNL in May, while Stille has earned both an undergraduate degree (December 2019) and a master's (May 2021). 

Martinez graduated with a degree in management and finished with a 3.50 grade point average, per a school release. He told the Journal Star this spring that he was proud of the work he's done in the classroom overall, and particularly this spring to finish up his degree. 

“It’s really fulfilling to be done and feel like I’ve had my best spring here as a football player and as a student,” said Martinez, who took 18 credits this most recent semester. “That’s really the accumulation of a lot of hard work.”

Martinez is a two-time Academic All-Big Ten selection and was a finalist nationally for the Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholar of the Year Award. 

Stille, per NU, has a 3.31 GPA in the master's program for nutrition and health sciences. The Ashland native is a four-time Academic All-Big Ten pick. 

The pair now move on to the CoSIDA Academic All-America ballot. Those selections are set to be announced next month. 

Contact the writer at pgabriel@journalstar.com or 402-473-7439. On Twitter @HuskerExtraPG.

This article originally ran on journalstar.com.

Locations

TownNews.com Content Exchange