12/28/18 Ohio State, Ae'Rianna Harris

Ae'Rianna Harris looks on after receiving contact under the basket during Purdue's victory over Ohio State on Dec. 28, 2018.

The Women's Basketball Coaches Association formally announced the 2019-20 Preseason Wade Trophy Watch List on Thursday, and Purdue's Ae'Rianna Harris was among the 30 players from across the country to be honored.

The Wade Trophy will be awarded for the 43rd year in 2020. It is one of the most respected national player of the year awards in women's college basketball. Since 2001, it has been presented to the WBCA NCAA Division I National Player of the Year.

With this recognition, Harris now has five preseason honors heading into the 2019-20 season, along with Preseason All-Big Ten, Lisa Leslie Award Watch List, No. 24 in ESPNW's Preseason Top-25 and Citizen Naismith Trophy Watch List.

Harris will enter her senior campaign as the NCAA active blocked shots leader with 284 career rejections, more than 40 ahead of the next Division I player on the list, Lauren Cox from Baylor. The Indianapolis native can add to record-breaking haul with 158 rebounds to break the program career mark of 968, held by Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton.

The list of candidates for the Wade Trophy is composed of players selected by the WBCA NCAA Division I Coaches' All-America Selection Committee. The committee will review the list in January to determine if additional players will be added based on their play during the first half of the 2019-20 season.

Harris and the Boilermakers will tip off the 2019-20 campaign at Mackey Arena on Sunday, Nov. 10 against Milwaukee. It will be Boilermaker Kid's Club Day and Service Appreciation Day. Any current or retired military members, police officers, firefighters or hospital staff can purchase a $2 general admission ticket by calling 765.494.3194 or by visiting the ticket box office at Mackey Arena.