11/29/19 Gulf Coast Women's Basketball Bracket

2019 Gulf Coast Women's Basketball Bracket

The Purdue women's basketball team (4-0) will open the Gulf Coast Showcase on Friday against Drake (4-1) at Hertz Arena in Estero, Fla. The Boilermakers tip off the three-day event at 7:30 p.m.

The stream for the entire tournament can be found on FloHoops.com, while the radio broadcast will be on 95.3 BOB FM.

GAME INFORMATION

Purdue (3-0) vs. Drake (4-1), 7:30 p.m., Friday

Next Up: Purdue will play the winner or loser of the 5 p.m., Friday Arizona State (3-1) vs. Maine (2-3) game. If Purdue loses on Friday, it will play at 1:30 p.m., Saturday; if it wins the game will be at 7:30 p.m., Saturday.

Purdue will play a third game at the tournament sometime on Sunday, depending on how it advances.

Ae'Rianna Harris enters the weekend five blocks away from joining the 300-rejection club. Already the Purdue all-time blocks leader, the feat would make Harris the fifth player to reach the 300-block plateau in Big Ten history. This season, Harris ranks 11th in the nation with 2.75 blocks per game.

Fellow senior Dominique Oden has had the hot hand through the first four games of the season. The native of Atlanta is averaging 14.5 points per game and shooting 57.1% from behind the arc, the 11th-best clip in the nation. Oden is tied for 14th in Purdue history with 79 games in double figures.

This weekend marks the Boilermakers' second trip to the Gulf Coast Showcase. In 2015, reached the championship game with a win over No. 22 Louisville, but No. 13 Stanford edged Purdue in overtime 71-65.

After facing the Bulldogs on Friday, Purdue will play Arizona State or Maine on Saturday, before a game Sunday against Auburn, Dayton, Gonzaga or Middle Tennessee State.

NOTES

• Purdue and Drake will meet for the first time Friday. The Boilermakers are 145-55 in inaugural matchups.

• The Boilermakers are 0-0 vs. Arizona State, 1-1 vs. Maine, 3-1 vs. Auburn, 2-0 vs. Gonzaga, 5-7 vs. Dayton and 0-0 vs. Middle Tennessee State.

Kayana Traylor jumped up to ninth in the Big Ten in assists per game at 4.8 after a career-high performance of nine helpers last week against Northern Illinois.

Ae'Rianna Harris has blocked at least five shots in 16 games in her career.

Cassidy Hardin and Jenelle Grant made their 2019-20 debuts last week against Northern Illinois. Hardin went 2-for-3 from long range in her return.

Karissa McLaughlin is averaging 9.8 points per game this season. The junior is 92 points away from joining the 1,000-point club.

• The Boilermakers have flown out of the gates to start games this season, averaging 19 points in the first quarter.

• Purdue is ranked eighth in the nation with 6.5 blocks per game.

• The Boilermakers have allowed an opponent to score more than 60 points just once this season. Purdue's 52.8 points allowed per game will be put to the test this weekend, as six of the seven teams in the tournament average over 60 points per game.

• Purdue was announced as a participating team for the 2020 Cancun Challenge.