2/25/19 Maryland, Dominique Oden

Junior guard Dominique Oden makes a challenge for the ball near the base line. Oden went 3-of-3 on free throws for the night and finished the game with 12 points.

The 2018-19 season is over for the Purdue women's basketball team. 

The team announced Monday evening that it would pass on its invitation to play in the 2019 Women's National Invitational Tournament, leaving the team with a final record of 19-15. The Boilers went 8-10 in conference play. 

"There are a lot of factors that go into a decision like this one, Versyp said in a press release. "It's never an easy conclusion to reach. That being said, it's i the best interest of our student-athletes, our staff and our athletic department to forego the invitation from a medical standpoint."

The Boilermakers struggled to put the complete package together throughout the season, but individual players saw success. 

Junior Ae'Rianna Harris broke Purdue's career blocked shots record with 284 in only three seasons, and she was named a finalist for the Naismith Defensive Player of the Year award. 

Sophomore Karissa McLaughlin tied Purdue's season 3-point record with 88 this season. 

Dominique Oden continued to showcase her scoring talents during her junior season, moving up to No. 18 in Purdue's all-time scoring list with 1,358 points.

Senior Abby Abel was named a finalist for the 2019 Wooden Citizenship Cup, set to be awarded April 25 in Atlanta.