3/17/17 NCAA Tournament, Green Bay, Lamina Cooper, Ashley Morrissette

Purdue freshman Lamina Cooper passes to senior Ashley Morrissette at the Purcell Pavilion on March 17. Season leader Morrissette had 24 points against Green Bay in the NCAA Tournament's opening round while Cooper had 7 points in the win. The Boilermakers will face No. 1 seed Notre Dame at 9 p.m, Sunday, in the second round.

The Purdue women’s basketball game with Notre Dame has been set for a 9 p.m., Sunday start in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. The game will be televised by ESPN.

The No. 1 seeded Irish (31-3) beat No. 16 seed Robert Morris, 79-49, Friday night in South Bend. They had a very balanced performance with four players scoring in double figures. Two of them had double-doubles – Arike Ogunbowale (15 points and 10 rebounds) and Brianna Turner (13 and 10).

Other double-digit scorers included Marina Mabrey (15), Lindsay Allen (14).

Notre Dame was the regular season and post-season ACC champions. In fact, since joining the ACC four years ago, the Irish have won both titles each year they have been the league.

The three losses for the Irish this season were all on the road – at No. 1 and undefeated Connecticut, 72-61; at North Carolina State, 70-62; and at Tennessee, 71-69.

The leading scorer on the season is 6-3 junior forward Turner who averages 15.5 points and 7.2 rebounds per game. Next is scoring is 5-8 sophomore guard Ogunbowale (15.1 points per game average), followed by 5-11 sophomore guard Mabrey (14.3).

The Irish own a +18.5 scoring margin, averaging 79.4 points per game, while giving up 60.9. They also have a +7.7 rebound margin against opponents.

Purdue (23-12) enters the game having won eight of its last nine games.

The No. 9 seeded Boilermakers have three players averaging in double figures – 5-9 senior guard Ashley Morrissette (16.6 per game), 5-8 freshman guard Dominique Oden (10.7) and 6-2 senior forward Bridget Perry (10.1).  They average 66.9 points per game offensively and give up 59.0.