Purdue had four starters in double figures – including one with a double-double – as it cruised to a 20-point win over Drake the first round of the Gulf Coast Showcase Friday night in Estero, Florida.

The Boilermakers (5-0) were led by Karissa McLaughlin’s 13 points in well-balanced offensive attack. Joining her in double-digit scoring were Kayana Traylor (12 points), Ae’Rianna Harris (11) and Dominique Oden (11). Harris led Purdue in rebounding with 11.

Drake (4-2) was led by Sara Rhine with 16 points.

Purdue had a significant advantage from 3-point range hitting 9 of 19. Drake, meanwhile, was only 1 of 19, or 5.3 percent.

The Boilermakers will now play Arizona State (4-1), which beat Maine, 57-31 earlier on Friday. Arizona State and Purdue will play at 7:30 p.m., Saturday.

Friday’s game from Estero, Florida is one of three in a row in the Gulf Coast Showcase with the championship coming Sunday night.

HALFTIME COVERAGE

After taking a 4-point lead after the first quarter, the Purdue women’s basketball team outscored Drake by 15 in the second to hold a 41-22 halftime lead in the Gulf Coast Showcase on Friday night.

Cassidy Hardin leads the Boilers (4-0) in scoring at half with nine points. Kayana Traylor and Karrisa McLaughlin have eight each, too. Drake (4-1) is being led by Sara Rhine, a 6-1 junior forward, with eight points.

Purdue used hot 3-point shooting to build the big lead at the break. The Boilers are 7 of 11 from long range – 63.6 percent – while Drake is 0 of 11.

Tonight’s game from Estero, Florida is one of three in a row in the Gulf Coast Showcase with the championship coming Sunday night.