2/7/19 Illinois, Ae'Rianna Harris

Junior forward Ae'Rianna Harris wrestles for possession of the ball. Harris led the Boilermakers in rebounds with 12. She also scored 10 points.

Purdue sat on the other side of a rout today as the women's basketball team fell to Indiana 73-51 on the road on Sunday.

The Boilermakers (17-14, 8-10 Big Ten) couldn't find the basket for the majority of the game, going 17-for-56 shooting and 2-for-17 from the 3-point arc. The team fell into a two-minute scoring drought late in the second quarter, and a four-minute drought in the middle of the fourth.

Junior forward Ae'Rianna Harris led the Boilers with 19 points and 9 rebounds in the game, supported by 12 points from freshman guard Kayana Traylor and 8 from junior guard Dominique Oden.

Indiana (19-11, 8-9 Big Ten), meanwhile, shot 26-for-55, with 5-for-12 from the arc, led by Ali Patberg's 18 points.

The Hoosiers grabbed the lead early in the first quarter and commanded the court, extending their margin to double-digits in the second quarter. This effort was capped off by an 11-0 run to build a 19-point lead at the half.

Indiana continued to pad their lead in the second half, extending their margin to 29 points by the end of the third quarter.  Purdue made an effort to close that margin, but the Hoosiers dribbled out the clock to finish 22 points in the lead.

The game was also marked by heavy physicality from both teams. Each team had multiple players in foul trouble by the end of the game. Oden and sophomore guard Lyndsey Whilby had four fouls apiece, while Harris and junior center Fatou Diagne each racked up three of their own.

On the Hoosier side, Kym Royster and Linsey Marchese were a foul away from ejection, with Patberg and Brenna Wise sitting at three apiece.

Late in the first half, a scrum at Indiana's end of the court left multiple Purdue players in a pile-up, and a foul called for Indiana. During the free throws for that foul, Purdue head coach Sharon Versyp apparently drew a technical foul for complaining to an official about the foul-calling in the game, specifically over some apparently missed fouls in Purdue's favor. The second set of free throws from this foul contributed to IU's 11-0 run to end the first half.

Purdue did force Indiana into more turnover situations. The Boilers forced 15 turnovers by the Hoosiers, in addition to six blocks and seven steals.  Comparatively, the Hoosiers forced 11 turnovers, with three blocks and five steals.

With this loss, Purdue will likely lose its first-round bye in the 2019 Big Ten Women's Basketball Tournament this week, in addition to ceding the Barn Burner Trophy to Indiana for the third straight season and capping off its regular season with a loss.

Purdue will face Illinois (10-19, 2-16) at 4 p.m. on Wednesday in Indianapolis to open the Big Ten Tournament. The game will be televised by the Big Ten Network.