10/6/19 Wisconsin, Mia Roth

Sophomore midfielder Mia Roth lunges to convert a cross into a goal but comes up short. This was the closest Purdue got to scoring during its 1-0 loss to Wisconsin on Sunday.

Following a tough 0-1 loss to Wisconsin on Sunday, the Purdue soccer team is preparing to take on two of its toughest opponents to close out the season at home.

The team is focusing on offense as they go forward into the Ohio State (4-7-1, 2-3 Big Ten) game.

“We need to get our attacking players a little bit more repetition and practice and a little more confidence,” head coach Drew Roff said.

The Boilers (6-5-2, 2-3-1) have been working on defense this season, but to secure the win, the team needs to “fine tune our offensive half,” according to senior forward Ryan Dudycha.

“If we just focus on getting the ball in the back of the net, I think we’ll be able to win and look forward to the postseason,” Dudycha said.

After taking on the Buckeyes, the team will be turning its focus to Pennsylvania State University (7-6-1, 3-3-0), a team that has been very successful against Purdue in the past. Purdue’s all time record against Penn State is 2-16-2.

With these being the last two home games for the team, it’s important to make the most of the home field advantage.

“I think the biggest aspect is just the comfort level, being at home and just knowing our field and our surface,” Dudycha said.

The Boilermakers are looking forward to the competition and are hoping to secure the big wins they need with the postseason approaching.

“There’s still some big moments left in the season for us,” Roff said.