9/6/18 Louisville, Kylie Hase

Sophomore midfielder/forward Kylie Hase sprints down with the ball to the opponent's goal. Hase scored in three consecutive games before facing Louisville.

After a disappointing week, Purdue soccer is looking forward to its first conference road trip, facing Iowa and Nebraska. It looks to get back on track and erase bad memories from last season.

Last week’s Big Ten games at home against Michigan State and Michigan resulted in a tie and loss for the Boilers (5-2-2, 0-1-1 Big Ten). Now the team has to get back on the road and face another Big Ten team.

The match against Nebraska will be very important for many Purdue players, who still remember last year's 3-2 overtime loss for the Boilermakers.

Sophomore midfielder Kylie Hase believes in victory, saying that, "(The team needs) to put them away quick, first half, we can not wait."

This season, Hase has emerged as a team leader both on and off the field. In the last five games, she has scored four goals. Soccer Head coach Drew Roff calls her a veteran and a winner.

Roff said she is a key character in helping the large group of freshmen, and wants to get them into a right mindset "just to get locked in and have a sense of urgency."

There are a lot of things that need to be improved from the last week, according to Roff. Roff said he believes that even though the results were disappointing, the Boilermakers played good soccer and has a positive mindset toward the upcoming game.

"I feel disappointment with the results. We played some pretty good soccer, both games truly could have ended up in our favor. We did a lot of great things, just the results didn’t necessarily show it," Roff said.

The coach emphasized that the challenging aspect of this week’s games will be the different style that Nebraska and Iowa present. Both teams are playing with three in the back — something Purdue hasn't faced recently and needs to prepare for.

The road trip is going to be demanding for the players, but will be a good chance for the freshmen to experience the atmosphere and physical requirements of away Big Ten games.

The matchup against Iowa is coming up at 8 p.m. on Thursday in Iowa City, followed by a game against Nebraska at 8 p.m. on Sunday in Lincoln.