Although Purdue and Puerto Rico are separated by almost 2,000 miles of land and sea, some Purdue alumni and community members experienced the physical, economic and emotional toll of recent earthquakes there.

top story

The Lunar New Year is one of the most important holidays in many Asian cultures, celebrated by over a billion people around the world. Saturday marked the beginning of 2020 in the lunar calendar.

top story

Editor's note: The death toll for the helicopter crash is now being reported as nine, according to the LA Times. This was not reflected in our print edition, but our online version is now updated. The Exponent regrets this error. 

Various professors spoke about what India's 71st Republic Day meant to them, having been away from their home countries for so many years, at a celebration in Hiler Theater on Friday night.

featured

After losing badly to Illinois on Tuesday, the Purdue men's basketball team turned it around as it crushed Wisconsin, 70-51. Leading by 18 at halftime, the Boilermakers stretched their lead to as much as 28 points late in the second half. The Boilers were led by Isaiah Thompson with 14, whil…

In Case You Missed It

Former Purdue basketball star Caleb Swanigan will be graduating from the University at this weekend’s summer commencement, according to Jim Bush, the assistant director-editorial of Purdue University News Service.

The Catch-Up

Sarah Loesch moved up the top-10 list in the women's weight throw, and the men won the 4x400-meter relay Saturday at the IU Relays. The Boilermakers had seven top-five finishes on the final day of the meet.

Devynne Charlton broke the school record in the women’s 60-meter hurdles, while Chukwuebuka Enekwechi had a personal best in the shot put to finish second in the event. The Southeastern Conference won the men’s meet over the other Power 4 conferences (Big Ten, ACC, Big 12, Pac 12), 91-74, wh…

The track and field teams kick off the 2015-16 season with a trip to Bloomington, Indiana, for the Hoosier Opener on Friday. The Boilermakers are scheduled to send 36 individuals to their lone December meet.

Upcoming Events