The dean of the College of Engineering will leave the University for one year, under Purdue President Mitch Daniels' approval, to work in the U.S. Department of State on "the economic security of the nation’s global technology initiatives," according to a Purdue press release.

featured

The mechanical engineering "Toy Fair" combines technology and entertainment as students showcase their innovative toys. Space-themed toys are displayed at the atrium of the Mechanical Engineering Building Monday from 8-11 a.m. After the fair, projects are kept in showcases around ME. 

top story

Of the memorable moments from this year’s football season — freshman receiver David Bell’s physics-defying catches, the rise of third-string walk-on quarterback Aidan O’Connell or the heartbreaking loss in the annual Old Oaken Bucket Game — one aspect remains ingrained in Purdue fans’ minds:…

With the increasing popularity of online tests and quizzes, advancements in technology may inadvertently support cheating.

top story

The word “automation” may conjure ideas of jobs being replaced and robots taking over, but manufacturers around the world have had a difficult time getting rid of humans in the assembly line.

In Case You Missed It

The Catch-Up

Sarah Loesch moved up the top-10 list in the women's weight throw, and the men won the 4x400-meter relay Saturday at the IU Relays. The Boilermakers had seven top-five finishes on the final day of the meet.

Devynne Charlton broke the school record in the women’s 60-meter hurdles, while Chukwuebuka Enekwechi had a personal best in the shot put to finish second in the event. The Southeastern Conference won the men’s meet over the other Power 4 conferences (Big Ten, ACC, Big 12, Pac 12), 91-74, wh…

The track and field teams kick off the 2015-16 season with a trip to Bloomington, Indiana, for the Hoosier Opener on Friday. The Boilermakers are scheduled to send 36 individuals to their lone December meet.

Upcoming Events